God Gives Peace, Man Receives It

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

I've seen fire and I've seen rain.  I've seen hurt and I've seen pain.  I've seen death.  I've seen misery.  I've seen obligations broken, people hurt me, people hurt others.  In the church, and out of the church.  Especially recently.  But in the past, there was hurt too, of a different kind.  A physical interaction that left me broken.  A man who hurt me more than words can tell.  He is dead, now.  But the hurt has not gone away.  It recedes, ever so slowly, from my mind.  God will take it one day, He has assured me of this.  He is confident in Himself, because He has accomplished all things necessary to take it.  He suffered and died on the cross.  He redeemed me.  And as for those who continue to hurt me, with their words, or shun me, with their silence, I say Amen, God Bless you.  He has promised me more than hurt and silence.  Shunning and barking orders, like it happened in the military, when I was younger.  There are people who were in the Army, and after they got out, they told me I couldn't take orders.  I honorably retired.  They had not.  They used me for their purposes, and left me out in the cold.  Not a word, for almost a year now.  These people told me I could trust them.  And all I have to say is, God Bless, Amen.  They told me I was not worthy, of their support, their love, their kindness.  though it was because they had none in their hearts to give.  Tell me, who is worthy, the one who desires kindness, who seeks it, or the one who denies it, and compounds wounds suffered in previous church administrations?  Fire and rain shall disappear, while the Spirit of the Lord remains strong.  The wind and the waves will not last, in my life, because He will calm them.  So I forgive those who hurt me.  Even though we don't deserve forgiveness, God gives it to us.  Even though our actions cannot justify us, we can receive forgiveness from Heaven.  It is time for strengthening.  The fight has gone on for long, and we can receive forgiveness if we ask for it.  Let us strengthen what remains.  Let us receive forgiveness, from Him, our Father in heaven.  Peace, goodness, loving-kindness is in His eyes.  His strength lies within.  He is self-sufficient, and only wants to love us.  So let us accept His Peace, and like Jesus, forgive each other of our sins.  The pain of the past is no more in the eyes of Christ, and without His peace we are blind to the future!  Let us pray for peace in this time, for ourselves, for each other, and for this earth.  In Jesus name, Amen.  Peace be with you.

Post a Comment

0 Comments