Patriot Day 2026

 Today is a day of great significance. Many years have passed, since September 11th. Twenty-five, in fact. There are many things, which could be said, about this day. I want to give peace, to those affected. For the many who volunteered, to fight, and to die, for the cause of protecting this country, and her people, peace. For those who died, and were affected by the war, of the Afghan and Iraqi sides, peace.


I personally was set on a path, and on a trajectory, that took me to Afghanistan. I served, not without pride for our country, and her people. I gave my all, and deployed overseas, with brothers and sisters in arms.


Now, we are in a different war. One that, in my opinion, is waged in the political arena, with battlefield casualties, and real consequences. I can't see an end to it.


What makes a war worth fighting? To me, it is cause. What is the cause of this war, or what offense have the American people suffered, on behalf of the enemy? Pre-emptive defensive strikes, which were done by us, to pre-empt nothing. No attack "planned," just a vague idea of "threat."


I am proud of my service. I am proud, because we were attacked, and I helped to mitigate that attack. But I am not proud of our current war. I am proud of the servicemen and women, some of whom are my classmates, who are either teaching troops and cadets, or leading battalions. They volunteered to serve, and though I support them, I do not see an end to this war, nor do I support it.


There are many reasons for me to be thankful, on this day. I personally have relative peace, and my wife does too. But there are those who do not, and those who need more help, than we are currently giving. I have peace, but I do not have the satisfaction, of seeing peace across the country, much less across the world. Let's pray for those affected by this war, and by the current crises, in immigration, and racism, throughout this country. Peace be with you.

Post a Comment

0 Comments