The World Moves on
The world moves on, but I have not
So many things, it has forgot
The way forward, is not always the best
Sometimes, looking back, will grant, us, rest;
I remember when I was small
When things were big, and parents tall
I remember this era, of my life,
Spanned years, and years, with little strife
And few people my age
Ever gave into rage
And few, if, any, were against the Many
The poor, took it upon themselves, to love
The rich, were poorer, yet still open to love
And many, many friends.
What has the world become,
That we are no longer open to the One
And love, that it is scoffed at, from "above,"
And the poor, who need, which are trampled on, to this day,
"We'll find a way," was what my generation was brought up to say,
We grew up in an era of "riches,"
But what riches can save?
From the grave?
What do we produce, that produces life?
What do we stand on, that lifts us up, instead of letting us down,
"Don't wear a frown," my parents would say,
"Today is a good day. So just say "Hey!"
But when I say "Hey!" these days, all I get are frowns...stares, through me, as if to say, "Get out of my way!"
What has happened, what has transpired,
To tire the version of life
That I was brought up with?
Was it 20 years of war, that took the lives of so many, American, Afghan, Iraqi, and Syrian?
Is it the new war, which is taking a toll, on those great and small?
Costs sparking chaos, driving through the storm,
What lays on the other side?
Another storm? A break? In the wake of our chaos, an idea slips in..."What if we don't need them?"
What will we do, when all love for our country, and love for our lives, runs out? Will we profess to doubt the masses? What will happen, when we can give, no more hate, and there, is only, love?
0 Comments